Monday, January 3, 2011

arm and a leg

Went back to the gym today. I wasn't exactly on track over the past several weeks, for one reason or another. I had a pretty exciting inner ear infection, then my final Herceptin infusion, then some cold flu crap kept me down for about 2 1/2 weeks. So today was challenging. Between my reduced thyroid function and bad MUGA score, it was a real mess. Hopefully, this is as bad as it will get, and tomorrow won't feel as terrible.

The Y is canceling a class I enjoy going to-thanks YMCA... It's funny how they will spend all kinds of money on useless things (fattening snacks for re-branding meetings, four color brochures for events for an extremely limited demographic, step aerobics classes only 3 people attend) but they won't fork over extra money to keep on my Body Attack class. I enjoy a wide variety of workouts, but I've probably been the most consistent with Body Attack. So what does the Y do? Cancel it. Not cool, YMCA -not cool. By the way, YMCA, you are overpriced.

Speaking over overpriced: I ordered new strings today. I go through a set about every 6-8 weeks, but just like the contacts you are supposed to wear for two weeks before you toss them out, I try to make them last a little longer than they are supposed to. But-wow! It was almost $100 for a set of strings.

I saw Black Swan over the weekend. I may never pick at my nails again.

Hmm-what else is new? I'm back into my usual teaching routine today. I think everyone will need some kind of "Scale Detox Program!" to recover from the holidays. Me included.

We are playing Peter and the Wolf for our next Boise Philharmonic event, and it occurs to me that I have NEVER actually played Peter and the Wolf. I'm closing in on 30 years of performing, and I've never played it. I'll look through today to figure out what needs practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment